This lower calorie egg pizza is an elevated Egg McMuffin in breakfast pizza form. It’s a unique and fun breakfast to make on the weekend, and includes a mix of vegetables.
Do you love Egg McMuffins but worry they aren’t the healthiest choice? Well you’re in luck because today I’m going to be showing you how to make an egg, Canadian bacon, and veggie breakfast pizza. This is a new way to include veggies for breakfast and an easy way to incorporate them into a food you already love – pizza!
I’ve partnered with Have a Plant to show you a new way to include veggies for breakfast, and an easy way to incorporate them into a food you already love – pizza!
What is Included In This Breakfast Pizza?
The ingredients include a lavash flatbread as the base, red sauce, sautéed veggies, mozzarella, Canadian bacon, and a cracked egg. It is baked in the oven with the cracked egg, and comes out as the perfect flavor combination for a specialty breakfast at home.
How to Make a Breakfast Pizza
Start by sautéing your veggies. Then start building your pizza. Add the red sauce, veggies, Canadian bacon pieces, and mozzarella. Then crack the eggs on top of the pizza and put it in the oven.
What Crust to Use for Your Egg Pizza
For this recipe I kept it simple and used flatbread, also known as “lavash bread.” There are many different brands and options at the store, but I recommend finding one that is 120 calories or less per sheet, with at least 3 grams of fiber.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ½ cup diced bell peppers
- 2 whole-grain flatbreads or lavash bread
- 4 slices Canadian bacon cut into pieces
- ¼ cup canned pizza sauce
- ¼ cup canned diced tomatoes
- 4 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 cracked eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place the flat-breads on top.
- Saute the spinach, onion, and bell pepper in a skillet on medium heat until tender.
- Spread half the pizza sauce and diced tomatoes on each of the flatbreads. Sprinkle on the Canadian bacon pieces.
- Evenly distribute the cheese and sauteed veggies across the flatbreads.
- On each flatbread, move the veggies to clear out two “beds” to place the eggs. Crack and egg into each of the “beds,” 2 eggs per flatbread.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and the eggs are set. Remove from the oven, and let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Looking for another savory breakfast dishes to make? Try these Broccoli, Red Bell Pepper & Black Rice Egg Muffins.