Manuel Villacorta MS, RD
Registered Dietitian. Author. Speaker. Spokesperson.
Manuel Villacorta, MS, RDN, is an internationally recognized, award-winning registered dietitian-nutritionist with more than 18 years of experience. He is the author of five books: Eating Free, Peruvian Power Foods, Whole Body Reboot: The Peruvian Superfoods Diet, Flat-Belly 365, and The Essential Cookbook for Men.
Manuel is a respected and trusted voice in the health and wellness industry. He has acted as a health blog contributor for The Huffington Post, on-air contributor to the Univision television network, and health and lifestyle contributor for Fox News Latino. His latest contribution was as a nutrition expert for a series about superfoods with National Geographic. His knowledge, charismatic talent and English/Spanish bilingual proficiency have made him an in-demand health and nutrition expert on local and national television as well as radio (National Geographic, The Today Show, Good Day New York, CNN, ABC7 Eye Witness News, Telemundo, and Univision, among others). He also has been featured in print and online articles in both the general and Hispanic markets, including Woman’s World, Natural Solutions, Closer, MORE, Latina Magazine, and Men’s Fitness, to name a few.
Manuel has been tapped by several prestigious organizations to serve as a media representative. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics named him as its national media spokesperson (2010-2013) and he acts as a national spokesperson, representing several food commodities and recognized brands such as the produce For Better Health Foundation, California Avocado Commission, National Dairy council, California Strawberries, National Mango Board, National Egg Board, Unilever, Canola Oil, Pichuberry, a2 Milk, Green Valley Lactose Free, Foster Farms, National Pork Board, Ajinomoto, and Quaker Oats.
He is one of the leading weight loss and nutrition experts in the country. Manuel is the owner of MV Nutrition, a San Francisco-based private practice, and the recipient of five ‘‘Best Bay Area Nutritionist’’ awards from the San Francisco Chronicle, ABC7 News, and Citysearch. Manuel is the founder of the Whole Body Reboot app, for iPhone and desktop. The app tracks food, exercise and behaviors to determine optimal caloric intake and macronutrients for the users’ goals.
Born and raised in Peru, Manuel currently lives in San Francisco. He earned his Bachelor of Science in nutrition and physiology metabolism from the University of California, Berkeley and his Master of Science in nutrition and food science from California State University, San Jose. He has been the recipient of numerous awards for his research and contributions to the field of nutrition and dietetics.
Honors and Awards
- 2012 – Best Nutritionist in The Bay Area Award by San Francisco Chronicle, ABC7 and Citysearch
- 2011 – Emerging Dietetic Leader Award by The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2007/2010 – Best Nutritionist in The Bay Area Award by San Francisco Chronicle, ABC7 and Citysearch
- 2004 – Outstanding Thesis Award by the College of Applied Sciences San Jose State University
- 2004 – Outstanding Researcher Award by Graduate Studies and Research at San Jose State University
- 2004 – First Place Award Winner in the category of Health, Nutrition and Clinical Science at the 18th annual statewide student research competition among the California State Universities
- 2003 – Dean’s Award in Nutrition and Food Science by San Jose State University
- 2003 – Circle of Friends Research Assistance Award by the Nutrition and Food Science Department at San Jose State University
- 2001 – Certificate of Achievement for outstanding accomplishments and contributions to San Mateo County Public Health
Recognized for his Contribution to the Community
Manuel Villacorta was featured by a leading media outlet in the Bay Area San Francisco, ABC7. Manuel was recognized for his contributions and as a preeminent Latino registered dietitian nutritionist in the San Francisco Bay Area. To read the entire article visit ABC7 news
Back in 2017, I felt a strong urge to give back. I decided to lead a fundraiser for girls in my beloved Peru.
The Chicuchas Wasi School for Girls is a school where girls are given a free education. They were provided lunch, but for most of them, that was the only meal they would get all day.
My goal was to donate and raise money to provide two nutritious, hot meals to 110 girls for the entire year to nourish them during their journey to a better education.
Visiting these girls, getting to know them, but best of all, getting to return a year later to give them all of the money I raised was the most fulfilling leadership experience of my life.
I continue to raise money for The Chicuchas Wasi School for Girls. To donate please visit Cuscogirls.com