Hopefully, most of you have the day off and are able to use some time to prepare for the upcoming week. Reinforce the healthy habits you’re developing by having good foods around you from which to choose. Break the cycle of eating junk by being prepared. And remember: Every week is a new week, so don’t get caught up in the past. Move forward with planning for a wonderful next seven days instead!
Be ready for the workweek by utilizing the following steps:
- Go shopping this weekend for very lean meats, a variety of fruits and vegetables, low-fat yogurt, whole grains, and water—as well as for healthy snacks that you enjoy.
- Save time by doing a little prep work for your meals this week. For example, pre-snack items into portion-sized containers, clean and cut vegetables and fruits and store them in airtight containers so that when you need them they’re ready to use. You’ll save time when cooking this way, too!
- Prepare whole grains in advance so you have them ready for the week.
- Use this breakfast recipe of steel cut oats that I normally prepare on the weekends for my busy work week.
Success comes to those who are prepared and ready for any eventuality.
To Do Today:
- Go shopping for food this weekend. Arm yourself with healthy options.
- Use your shopping lists to guide you in choosing your foods.