This tomato basil wrap with queso fresco and avocado from my new book can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
Queso fresco is a common cheese in Latin cuisine that is renowned for its creamy texture and tangy flavor. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this recipe: the combination of the cheese with the avocado and spice of arugula make this recipe a delight.
Queso Fresco, Tomato, Basil & Avocado Wrap
- 1 10- by 8-inch whole grain lavash bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil mayonnaise dressing
- 1/4 avocado
- 4 to mato slices
- 2 ounces queso fresco sliced
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 cup arugula
- Spread the mayonnaise over the lavash bread to about 1-inch from the edges. Mashed the avocado on top of the mayonnaise.
- Place the tomatoes, basil, arugula and cheese. Roll the bread into a wrap starting at the short end and cut in half.
Enjoyed this recipe? Find it and other delicious dishes in my new book Prediabetes Weight Loss Solution. Available on Amazon, with a release date of May 17, 2022.