Turkey Avocado wraps are a great option for an easy-to-make lunch or dinner that is nutritious, low cost, and can keep you on track with your weight goals.
Wraps can be a go-to healthy selection when you don’t have a lot of time. The key is to have the right ingredients stocked in your pantry so that you always have this easy fallback option. Plus, this is a great base recipe, and you can adjust the veggies and condiments for your taste preferences!
How to Make the Sauce for This Turkey Avocado Wrap
This turkey avocado wrap has a delicious cilantro, mayo, avocado sauce that enhances the flavors. After you’ve chopped your cilantro, mix it together with the mayonnaise and mashed avocado. Remember, you don’t have to use boring spreads every time! The sauce or dressing you use on your wrap can completely change everything! Other sauce and spread ideas include:
- Hummus (try different flavors!)
- Greek yogurt mixed with dill
- Mustard (whole grain mustard, honey mustard, and dijon all have very different flavor profiles!)
Easy to Pack for On-the-Go
Instead of buying an expensive lunch wrap from a canteen or cafe, trying bringing your own wrap instead! The protein can be substituted for whatever leftover you have in the fridge.
Turkey Avocado Wrap
- Small bowl
- 1 teaspoon mayonaise
- 2 springs cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ avocado mashed
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 3 ounces turkey breast sliced
- 1 ounce cheese shredded
- 1 ounce spinach cleaned, dried
- 1 ounce cucumber sliced
- In a small bowl, combined mayo, cilantro and avocado. Mix until a smooth paste is formed.
- On the tortilla, spread the sauce all over the tortilla. Place ingredients towards the middle of the tortilla. Roll and wrap in parchment paper.
Other Easy Meal Recipes
Looking for other simple meal ideas like this turkey avocado wrap? Try one of these: