This fantastic quiche is a warm, savory, and satisfying breakfast the entire family will adore. The quiche can also be used for lunch or dinner paired with a mixed green salad. I used a2 Milk® as my milk of choice. a2 Milk® is the only cow’s milk in the U.S. market that is free from the A1 beta-casein protein. This protein has been linked to digestive discomfort, similar to lactose intolerance.
Serves: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Reboot Servings: 1.5 Grains & Starches, 0.5 Milk, 0.6 Meat & Vegetarian Meat, 1 Fat
2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 ½ pounds), sliced into ½-inch rounds
Coconut oil spray
1 cup a2 Milk® 1%
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ cup chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sweet potato slices on a sheet pan lightly sprayed with coconut oil. Coat the tops of the slices with another thin layer of coconut oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tender, but not too browned. Let cool.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch x5-inch casserole dish with coconut oil. Layer sweet potato slices in the dish to form 3 to 4 loosely packed layers.
- Combine eggs, milk, ricotta, spices and chives in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Pour egg custard over the sweet potatoes, giving it time to fill in the gaps.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the center is just barely set. Serve warm.
- Quiche can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and reheated as needed.