This quinoa avocado salad with yogurt dressing is a refreshing and nutritious salad, perfect for spring and summer.
In order for a salad to be called a meal, it must contain all three macronutrients: carbs, protein and fat. If you only use greens with other vegetables most likely you will be hungry in one hour and end up eating overeating later.
So I’ve partnered with National Dairy Council to create this high protein quinoa salad with a yogurt dressing.
Nutrient Benefits of This Quinoa Avocado Salad
This dish contains protein, fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants. It is a complete meal high in protein, and offers complex carbohydrates and fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants, making it a satisfying choice for lunch or dinner.
The fruits are carbohydrates containing natural sugars that can provide you with energy. Both fruits and vegetables provide the antioxidants and fiber which are all good for general health.
Nutrient Benefits of the Greek Yogurt Dressing
One of the stars of the show is the cilantro lime Greek yogurt dressing. The salad is dressed with this tangy dressing for both added flavor and nutrients. Many salad dressings can be high in calories and/or sugar.
However, using nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt as the base offers a lower fat and lower calorie option with high-quality protein and essential nutrients.
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dressing (Makes 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked rainbow quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup queso fresco cubed
- 1 cup edamame shelled
- 5 radishes sliced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup black kalamata olives chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 stalks celery diced
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until well blended.
- Let set for 10 minutes. Enjoy right away or refrigerate for later, making sure to stir well before each use.
- Once you have all the ingredients ready, it's time to assemble the salad.
- Start with a bed of cooked quinoa, then add the tomatoes, diced avocado, cubed queso fresco, shelled edamame, sliced radishes, diced bell pepper, chopped black kalamata olives, shredded carrots, and diced celery on top.
- Drizzle the cilantro lime yogurt dressing over the salad and toss everything together until well combined.
This salad is perfectly balanced, perfect texture, perfect creaminess. Simply amazing. Now it’s your turn to make this colorful mix to benefit mental health.
For more information about the health benefits of dairy, visit US Dairy.