Guacamole with Mango Pico de Gallo
2 avocado’s, pitted and diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 mango, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- After peeling, pitting and dicing all your ingredients, place everything in a medium sized bowl. Mix well and adjust with salt and pepper. Serve with quinoa-chia chips or blue corn chips.
Baked Yuca with Cilantro Dressing
1 large yuca (about 1½ pounds with skin on)
6 cups water
Salt and pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 cup lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- Slice the yuca into 3 equal-length portions. Holding each portion on its axis, carefully slice off the outer peel and discard. Chop each portion in half lengthwise and then into 8 wedges.
- Put the yuca wedges, water, and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes until tender throughout. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cooled yuca on a large baking sheet and spray with coconut oil to coat. Season with salt. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, flipping once halfway through the baking process, until the fries are golden in color. Serve warm that day.
- Combine garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cilantro in a bowl. Slowly whisk the oil into the lime juice mixture until thickened. Which the Geek yogurt into the mixture. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or overnight.
Hummus with Assorted Vegetables
2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked or canned
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 teaspoon cumin
lime juice to taste
favorite, assorted vegetables
- Combine in a food processor or hand-crush. Enjoy with your choice of vegetables or whole grain pita.