A delicious way to enjoy black rice is by using a traditional recipe for fried rice. This recipe is full of antioxidant power and easy to prepa re. And as a cooking oil, I used canola oil due to its neutral taste, light texture and high heat tolerance make it ideal for stir frying.
Fried Black RicePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Wok or large frying pan
- 4 cups black rice cooked
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 red onion diced
- ½ cup peas frozen ok
- 1 carrot diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger crushed
- 1 Tbsp. garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 bunch scallions diced and divided (green and white)
- Whisk eggs together and cook over medium-high heat to make an egg pancake. Once cooked, removed from heat, chop into pieces and put aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the onion, carrots, celery and the white parts of the scallion, the ginger, garlic, and sauté for roughly 3 minutes. Then add the peas.
- Add the cooked black rice and sauté for a couple of minutes more, until heated through.
- Add the green parts of the scallion and the soy sauce, stirring, until well heated.
- Stir in chopped cooked eggs, and serve.
Fried Black Rice
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried and enjoyed this recipe?Mention @manuel.villacorta in your post or story!