These crispy cauliflower bites are a delicious and quick way to add more vegetables to your outdoor gatherings. They’re easy to make in the air fryer or oven.
I have partnered with Have a Plant to share with you today’s delicious crispy cauliflower bite recipe for your summer get-togethers!
I’m excited to share a recipe that it perfect for effortless outdoor entertaining. What better way to elevate your potluck or barbecue than with some crispy parmesan cauliflower bites? That’s how you really step up your game.
Benefits of Cauliflower Bites
These cauliflower bites are a simple and delicious way to add a veggie dish to the rest of your summer mix. But trust me, they won’t just sit there for you to throw away when your guests leave. You’ll likely get asked to make another batch!
This is such a great appetizer or side dish because it has a lot of plant power. While these cauliflower bites are cooked, they can be enjoyed warm or after they’ve cooled down. They’re a great substitute for a more carb-heavy appetizer. Plus, they’re loaded with fiber which can help support gut health.
I also love cauliflower because it has a mild taste that most people like. Another reason why it’s a go-to option for effortless entertaining! Then, paired with cheese and breadcrumbs for a crisp, it’s the perfect combination of textures and flavors.
Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Bites with Homemade Dipping Sauce
- Oven or air fryer
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Foil or parchment paper
- 2 Small bowl
- 2 medium heads of cauliflower
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- ½ cup plain panko
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Homemade Lemon Basil Yogurt Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or cilantro
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- If using an oven, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray it with olive oil.If using an air fryer: No preheating necessary.
- Wash the cauliflower heads, then remove the outer green leaves from the cauliflower base. Using a sharp knife, cut the stem away from the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower stem side down on the cutting board and carefully make one cut through the center of the cauliflower to divide it in half. Cut each half into slices, about 3/4-inch thick. Approximately two wedges per half.
- Arrange the wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet. Spray their tops with olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly the mixture on top of all the wedges.
- If using an oven: Bake the cauliflower wedges for 20-25 min minutes or until browned.If using an air fryer: At this step you will cook two at a time for 10 min at 400 degrees.
- Serve as is, or cut up into smaller bites for easier dipping and sharing.
Dipping Sauce Instructions:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper until well blended.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. Enjoy right away or refrigerate for later, making sure to stir well before each use.
The crispiness you get from the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan, with the refreshing dip… perfecto. While you truly don’t need a dipping sauce with these bites because they’re that good, some guests may like the idea of a dip for extra flavor.
The homemade dipping sauce is a featured recipe from my book, The Essential Cookbook for Men.
Make Father’s Day extra special by hosting a delicious barbecue gathering with these cauliflower bites and gifting my book!