This chicken patty, seasoned with parsley, garlic and onions, is perfect for summer time. Cooking with canola oil allows the great flavors of the herbs to stay intact, while resisting the high heat of the sauté pan and the grill. Enjoy as a burger, on top of a salad or paired with rice and beans. Rainy outside? Not a problem. You can use a griddle or frying pan for easy and efficient indoor cooking.
- Sauté pan
- Large bowl
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 cup red onion diced 250 mL
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped 125 mL
- 2 tsp garlic minced 10 mL
- 2 lbs lean ground chicken 1 kg
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- Canola oil spray
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat. Add canola oil and let it heat up for about 1 minute. Add onion and parsley and sauté for about 3 minutes or until onions become translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add ground chicken, salt, pepper, and parsley mixture. Mix well.
- With your hands, form eight (5-oz/140 g) patties and set them aside in a baking sheet.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat (medium if using an indoor griddle or frying pan). Spray grill with canola oil spray. Place chicken patties on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until done.