I am often asked by clients and gym mates whether or not bananas are fattening. They tell me they steer clear of the fruit for fear of gaining weight due to the sugar content.
So, are bananas really fattening? Well, here is the answer for once and for all!
- Bananas contain prebiotic fiber for fat-burning acceleration
- Contains 25% Vitamin B6 for proper brain function
- 20% Vitamin C for healthy skin
- 14% Potassium to help decrease muscle spasms
- Bananas help reduce asthma symptoms in children
- Americans eat more bananas than any other fruit. In fact, Americans eat more bananas than apples and oranges combined!
- Bananas are ACTUALLY berries!
Bottom Line: Eating bananas in moderation will not cause weight gain as long as you keep your overall calorie intake in check! Bananas are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, making for a delicious addition to a healthy diet!
To learn how you can keep track of your food, behaviors and get control on your diet, use our Whole Body Reboot app. Available on the iTunes