Lately, I have been hearing a lot of confusion regarding fermented foods and probiotics. Many people don’t know that, although both of these foods are made with microorganisms, both of them may not provide the same gut health benefits. So, in this segment, I’m going to clear the air on the difference between probiotics and fermented foods as well as provide some examples.
I will also be demonstrating how to make my Protein Packed Overnight Oats with Yogurt recipe which is a huge hit with my weight management clients and the perfect grab-and-go breakfast for the upcoming summer.
- Mason jars
- 1 cup dry rolled oats
- 2 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 cups 1% milk or milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups frozen berries
- Put Greek yogurt in a bowl, and add milk and oats.
- Mix well.
- Add cinnamon, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into mason jars half-way.
- Add berries and mango.
- Close and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or overnight.