1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small white onion, chopped
1 handful fresh basil, chopped
1 – 28 oz. can “Tuscano” Marinara Sauce (Trader Joes brand)
2 – 18 oz. tubes organic (non-GMO) polenta (Trader Joes brand)
3 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
Olive oil cooking spray
9” x 13” baking dish
Large saute pan
- Preheat oven to 350 °F for 10 minutes.
- Coat baking dish with a thin layer of olive oil cooking spray
- Slice polenta into ¾” slices and place evenly in baking dish to fill the bottom. Lightly spray the tops of the polenta with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and onion. Cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add 1 can marinara sauce and chopped basil to the pan. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes until aromatic.
- Pour sauce evenly over the polenta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to cover.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the top and seal tightly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.