What Is It?
Plukenetia volubilis, commonly known as Sacha Inchi, is a healing plant native to the Peruvian Amazon that produces star-shaped green fruits which yield edible seeds. It has been cultivated by indigenous people for centuries, and will grow in warm climates up to altitudes of 5,500 feet. The cultivated seeds are extracted locally in the Amazon.
Natives living in the Peruvian Amazon have consumed the leaves of the plant, the seeds, and their oil for hundreds of years. Sacha Inchi has been traditionally used to spur the growth of young children and keep senior tribe members in robust health. The plant was originally cultivated by the Incas and can be found depicted on pottery found buried in Inca and pre-Inca tombs.
The seeds of Sacha Inchi are a rich source of digestible protein and contain a high amount of healthy fatty acids, omega-3, 6, and 9. Recent studies are identifying potential benefits of omega-3s for a wide range of conditions, such as: increasing and accelerating different brain functions, preventing blood clotting, reducing triglyceride levels and hypertension, regulating sugar levels in the blood, reducing arterial inflammation, and helping dry skin and rejuvenating hair.
The seeds also contain natural antioxidants like Vitamin A and E, calcium, zinc, potassium, fiber, and are a great source of tryptophan. As a result of its nutritious properties, Sacha Inchi is linked to a number of health benefits from lowering cholesterol to regulating blood sugar levels.
Why is Sacha Vida Inchi Oil so good for you?
• Most unsaturated vegetable oil on the planet at 92% Omega 3,6, 9
• Each serving contains a whopping 48% heart-healthy Omega 3 (6.7 grams)
• 11.5 grams of healthy poly-unsaturated fatty acids your body needs
• Contains natural antioxidants (carotene and tocopherols), which naturally preserve its nutritional qualities, aroma, and flavor (100% natural, no preservatives)
• High content of natural vitamin E (120% daily value)
• Cold pressed, premium extra virgin containing less than 1% acidity
Amount Serving Size 1 Tbsp
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g