Peruvian superfoods aren’t just enjoyed by Peruvians, everyone can savor these appetizing foods and their extraordinary health benefits. In recent years, many Peruvian ingredients have made their way around the world, especially in the States; several in which we are so familiar with already such as avocado, cilantro, quinoa, and sweet potatoes. But what about the rest that I include in my latest book, Whole Body Reboot: The Peruvian Superfoods Diet? With several of these foods being so uncommon to the States, I have come up with 10 simple ways to start incorporating Peruvian superfoods into your daily regime; allowing you to soak up these powerful benefits without having to compromise your comfort.
- Mix Peruvian MACA into your morning shake for added endurance.
- Use CAMU CAMU in place of lemon when making fruity or zesty sauces and dressings.
- Top salads with a scoop of QUINOA for a nutty, protein-filled bite.
- Add AVOCADO to shakes and smoothies for a creamy texture.
- Keep a can of ARTICHOKE hearts on hand; they are a great addition to salads, soups, and antipasti plates.
- Drizzle SACHA INCHI OIL over grains or salads as an olive oil alternative.
- Add PICHUBERRIES to your salads or oatmeal in place of strawberries for a sweet and tart burst of flavor.
- Use PURPLE POTATOES in place of other varieties of potatoes; mash em’, bake em’, steam em’, sizzle em’- you name it!
- Turn your morning coffee into a mocha by adding a spoonful of CACAO POWDER.
- Add CILANTRO to any and all savory dishes- you can’t go wrong!
For more information on Peruvian superfood and recipes ideas, check out my latest Whole Body Reboot: The Peruvian Superfoods Diet.
Available now on Amazon.