This red rice and veggie stir fry recipe is an easy meal to put together that is full of nutrients. I recently wrote an article on different types of rice, and red rice came out on top as one of the best!
How to Cook Red Rice
One of the easiest ways to cook red rice is to use a pressure cooker! Cook the rice on “Manual” high pressure for 24 minutes. When done, turn the pressure valve to release the pressure and open the lid.
- Pressure cooker
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces Brussel sprouts quartered
- 1 tablespoon glaze balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves julianne
- 3 cups cooked red rice
- Cook the rice on “Manual” high pressure for 24 minutes. When done, turn the pressure valve to release the pressure and open the lid. Set the rice aside.
- In the mean time on a large skillet heat up the oil and add the onions and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes
- Add the salt and the Brussel sprouts and cook for about 7 minutes
- Add the glaze, the cherry tomatoes and basil and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix all the ingredients well.