This healthy granola is perfect as a topping for your parfaits or just on its own as a quick little snack. The addition of algarrobina lends a molasses like flavor while also contributing a little sweetness. Aside from it being a great alternative sweetener, the algarrobina syrup is also full of vitamins and minerals, including B-6. Mixed with quinoa, this granola mix will give you lasting energy for any activity.
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup popped kiwicha
½ cup tri colored quinoa
¼ cup chia seeds
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
¼ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon cinnamon
¼ cup algarrobina syrup ( or yacon syrup or agave nectar)
½ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Mix the ingredients well.
- Place the wet ingredients into a small pot on medium heat. Stir for about 10 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Line a 9×9 baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the granola mixture over and even it out until flat.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and mix granola mixture.
- Repeat two more times. After the last time, remove from the oven and let cool.
Yields: 16 servings; Serving Size: ¼ cup