This instant pot pulled pork recipe is elevated with a delicious blueberry salsa that makes it a perfect post exercise recovery meal.
As a Blue Crew Ambassador, I have partnered with the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council to share with you my latest recipe, Instant Pot Pulled Pork with Blueberry Salsa.
How to Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork with Blueberry Salsa
Start by roasting the blueberries, tomatillos, red onion, and jalapeños in an Air Fryer or oven. Then add the roasted ingredients in a blender and add the chicken broth. Blend all the ingredients to a chunky consistency.
Put the pork into the Instant Pot, then pour the blueberry salsa on top. Stir well then cook for 40 minutes. Remove the pork and shred with two forks on a cutting board. Then place it into a bowl with the salsa mixture.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork with Blueberry SalsaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Air Fryer or Oven
- Instant Pot
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 large red onion quartered
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1.5 cups tomatillos
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth no salt added
- 2 pounds pork loin cut into 3”x3” pieces
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves only
- Roast at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes the blueberries, tomatillos, red onion, and jalapeños. An Airfryer or oven can be used.
- Add the roasted ingredients in a blender and add the chicken broth. Blend all the ingredients to a chunky consistency.
- Put all the ingredients in the Instant Pot, except for the cilantro.
- Make sure to mix all ingredients well, so everything gets coated with the sauce.
- Cook on “Manual” for 40 minutes.
- When done, turn the pressure valve to release the pressure and open the lid.
- Place the pork onto a cutting board to shred with two forks, and pour the remaining salsa mixture into a bowl.
- Once the pork is shredded, add it into the salsa bowl.
- Mix in cilantro.
What to Pair with This Recipe
I love this recipe because it is versatile. You can eat it with your choice of whole grain – brown rice, red rice, farro, or quinoa. Or, pour it over a baked sweet potato or simply make tacos! This time I paired this Instant Pot Pulled Pork with Blueberry Salsa with a baked sweet potato.
Whether you’re a morning, afternoon, or evening exerciser, this meal can refuel you with protein, carbohydrates, antioxidants and bioactive compounds to recover well any time of the day.
More Recipes with Blueberries
Explore more great options for recovery with blueberries:
- Blueberry Walnut & Red Rice Air Fryer Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Chicken & Pepper Stir Fry with Blueberry Ginger Sauce￼
- High-Fiber Blueberry Protein Muffins
For more inspiration and recipes featuring blueberries, visit U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council.