This easy to make and delicious chicken soup will rock your soul and it is perfect for the cold and flue season. Using ginger and cilantro to help boost your immune system and providing an outstanding flavor.
Ginger Cilantro Chicken SoupPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Large soup pot
- 1 whole chicken
- 10 cups water
- 1 2-inches ginger knob sliced
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 red onion quartered
- 1 cup farro or brown rice
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- salt pepper to taste
- Remove the skin from the whole chicken. Make sure to cut the chicken breast in half. In total, you should have 8 pieces which include two drumsticks, two thighs and four chicken breasts. Wings are optional to keep.
- In a large soup pot put the chicken, ginger, carrots, celery, onion and farro.
- Heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the chicken meat falls off of the bones (skim off foam every so often).
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once soup is ready, throw in the cilantro.
Ginger Cilantro Chicken Soup
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried and enjoyed this recipe?Mention @manuel.villacorta in your post or story!