A delicious way to enjoy black rice is by using a traditional recipe for fried rice. This recipe is full of antioxidant power and easy to prepare. And as a cooking oil, I used canola oil due to its neutral taste, light texture and high heat tolerance make it ideal for stir frying.
Serves: 7 Serving Size: 1 cup (215 grams)
Reboot Servings: 1.7 Grains & Starches, 0.5 Meat & Vegetarian Meat, 1 Fat
4 cups black rice, cooked
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 red onion, diced
1/2 cup peas (frozen ok)
1 carrot, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 Tbsp. ginger, crushed
1 Tbsp. garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 bunch scallions, diced and divided (green and white)
- Whisk eggs together and cook over medium-high heat to make an egg pancake. Once cooked, removed from heat, chop into pieces and put aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large frying pan or wok. Add the onion, carrots, celery and the white parts of the scallion, the ginger, garlic, and sauté for roughly 3 minutes. Then add the peas.
- Add the cooked black rice and sauté for a couple of minutes more, until heated through.
- Add the green parts of the scallion and the soy sauce, stirring, until well heated.
- Stir in chopped cooked eggs, and serve.