In this episode of Manuel’s Caliente Kitchen, I will be discussing all about a Peruvian superfood: the Sacha Inchi seed. I have partnered with the promotion agency of Peru, PROMPERU to discuss the nutrition and health benefits of Sacha Inchi. I am also excited to share with you some ways to enjoy sacha inchi so you can reap the benefits out of this Peruvian superfood. Finally, I will also show you how to use sacha inchi oil and seeds in two delicious recipes. A Peruvian inspired salad called Solterito and my trail Inka mix.
I’ll talk all about the history of this amazing seed and its astounding health benefits in this week’s video above.
Check it out for more information and the recipe demonstration!
Solterito (Peruvian Chopped Salad)
- 1 Large bowl
- 2½ cups cooked lima beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ cup Botija olives sliced in half
- 10 oz queso fresco pieces
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 2 cups choclo or yellow corn
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon aji yellow paste
- ¼ cup extra virgin sacha Inchi oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to your bowl, and mix together.