This roasted carrots with sauce recipe is simple, beautiful, and a perfect dish to make when you’re meal prepping or entertaining!
Cooking delicious food can be easy and within your budget! Kelly Powers, MA, RD shared some tips about how to sustainably grocery shop, cook, and eat. When you dive into meal planning, why not do it in a sustainable and lower-cost way? We’ll show you how to reuse ingredients throughout the week, including in this delicious roasted carrot recipe with lemon yogurt sauce.
When you buy a bunch of carrots, it’s time to get creative! They can be blended into smoothies, or even roasted whole and paired with a delicious sauce.
How to Roast Carrots
Roasting carrots takes minimal effort, but brings out the most impressive flavor from this vegetable! After preparing them with a little bit of salt and pepper, and preheating the oven and pan at 450 degrees Fahrenheit, cook the carrots for 12-15 minutes. Then they’ll be ready to dress up with any other spices or dips!
Nutrition Benefits of Carrots
Carrots are high in beta-carotene, a precursor to Vitamin A that can help with eye health. They also contain fiber, vitamin K, and potassium. One medium carrot has 2 grams of fiber!
- Large mixing bowl
- Roasting pan
- 1 bunch carrots sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup greek yogurt plain, whole milk
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup pistachios chopped
- 1 small bunch mint thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450° F with a sheet tray or roasting pan inside.
- Place the carrots in a large bowl and drizzle with about 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Gently toss to evenly coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the hot sheet tray or roasting pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- They’re done when easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt. Feel free to add more lemon juice if you’d like.
- Spread the lemon yogurt evenly on a plate or serving platter. Top with roasted carrots, pistachios, and mint. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Kelly Powers, MA, RDN is a Registered Dietitian and Culinary Nutritionist who specializes in recipe and meal plan development. Her meal plan program, Weeknight Dinners, utilizes the batch cooking model, allowing users to assemble meals in less than 10 minutes when they’re pressed for time. Join now and get your 1st month FREE with discount code TRYWDFREE.