This is a combination of Latino flavors with tons of vegetables and flavor! You can use it with a variety of dishes by pairing it with your favorite protein making it very versatile as well.
Watch the video below where I show you exactly how to make this beautiful dish.
Peruvian Spiced Rice with Prawns
- 1 Pan with lid
- 1 Sauté pan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil separated
- 1¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons aji Amarillo or other chili paste
- 1 cup dry parboiled rice
- 3 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon MSG
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound prawns peeled and deveined
- Sauté your shrimp with olive oil and cook fully.
- Add olive oil to pan.
- Start with a sauté of red onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Once they’re browned, add the bell peppers and aji chili paste, and mix together.
- Add the parboiled rice.
- Add salt, MSG, black pepper, turmeric, and cumin.
- Add the chicken broth, vegetables, and mix well.
- Cover your pan and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, add the shrimp to the cooked dish.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice over the dish.