Butternut Squash & Legumes Quinoa Salad
Bursting with flavor, this hearty salad is a complete meal in one—full of proteins, carbs, and fats.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Olive oil spray
- 4 cups diced butternut squash about 1 pound 4 ounces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shelled edamame fresh or frozen
- 1 cup shelled peas fresh or frozen
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large celery rib sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a small baking sheet with the oil spray.
- Place the squash on the baking sheet. Lightly spray it with the oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until lightly browned and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the edamame and peas and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Combine the quinoa, celery, and oil in a large bowl. Add the cooled squash, edamame, and peas to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Note: This salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Tried and enjoyed this recipe?Mention @manuel.villacorta in your post or story!