This delicious Prune-Infused Pork Stir Fry has lean protein from pork loin, with plenty of colorful vegetables all cooked in heart healthy canola oil and can be served with a good carbohydrate like brown rice.
Serving Size: 2 cups | Servings: 5
1/2 cup Sunsweet Amaz!n prune juice
1.5 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into strips
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
4 bell peppers, assorted colors, sliced
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 sticks celery, sliced
1 tablespoon chili paste
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 cup Sunsweet Amaz!n prunes
1 cup cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate pork in prune juice at least one half hour.
- Heat wok or medium skillet on high heat. Add oil and remove pork from marinade. Add the pork to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Once cooked, put pork aside. Add the second tablespoon of oil to the wok or skillet and then add the peppers, onion, garlic and celery. Cook for one minute.
- Return pork to skillet or wok. Add chili paste, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and cumin. Cook for another two minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add prunes and cilantro. Stir well and serve.