My friend and colleague, Elizabeth Shaw, registered dietitian and author of Instant Pot Cookbook for Dummies will join me from her kitchen in San Diego to discuss the best tips on how to have the most delicious recipes made in the Instant Pot as well as tips on how to make cooking with an Instant Pot even easier to save you more time in the kitchen. Even if you don’t have an Instant Pot specifically, the book will show you how to make recipes in other slow cookers or pressure cookers.
I will also share with you one of my favorite recipes, Shakshuka with Spinach made in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Shakshuka with Spinach
- Instant Pot
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 28- ounce cans no added salt diced tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach rinsed
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil divided
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil and onions, and saute the onions for about 3 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and mix together.
- Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the Italian seasoning and mix.
- Add the spinach.
- Crack the eggs whole into the pot.
- Close the pot, and manually go to 0.
- Cook until the eggs are at a perfect yellow center. Or you can cook for 1 minute to make the eggs further cooked.