Like many other people during lockdown, lately I have been baking a lot more being stuck at home.
So, I decided to experiment with making a bread with an assortment of dried fruits and let me tell you…what I concocted turned out HEAVENLY.
I’m dying to share it with you to enjoy this holiday season and beyond.
In this episode of Manuel’s Caliente Kitchen, I’ll show you how to make my Mix Dried Fruit Walnut Yogurt Bread.
Don’t worry, this is not a fruit cake, but rather a yummy bread filled with a dried fruits, walnuts and yogurt to make the bread incredibly moist.
Is your mouthwatering yet? Good! Check out the video above to learn how to make your own!
Dried Fruit Walnut Yogurt Bread
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- 1½ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 2% milk or milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup dry instant oats 1 minute quick
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 6 dried figs sliced
- 10 dried apricots sliced
- 10 prunes sliced
- 1 cup berry blend cranberries, cherries, raisins & blueberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients: flour, oats, cinnamon, coconut sugar, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Add the dry fruit and mix.
- Add the walnuts, mix together, and set to the side.
- Get a separate bowl, and mix together your wet ingredients: Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, and canola oil.
- Mix together well.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Spray your pan with oil.
- Put your mixture into your bread pan, and add to the oven and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.