A Columbian twist to a chicken sancocho. Includes plantains and yuca!
Serving Size: 1.5 cups
3 quarts water
1 whole chicken, cut into 6 pieces
3 ears fresh corn, halved
2 green plantains, peeled, quartered
2 chicken bouillon cubes
½ cup alinos
3 medium potatoes, peeled, halved
1 pound yuca, peeled, cut into 4 pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1. Bring water to boil in a large stock pot (at least 6 quarts.)
2. Add chicken, corn, plantains, chicken bouillon, and alinos. Reduce heat to a medium and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and yuca to the pot. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve broth, chicken and vegetables in a soup bowl. Top with fresh cilantro