A healthy twist to a Peruvian classic “Lomo Saltado”. This recipe showcases green beans, a popular vegetable during the holidays, which have high levels of carotenoids, that helps the body maintain healthy vision. Mixed with Latin flavors, this is sure to make your family happy.
Portions: 7 cups (7 servings) Serving Size: 1 cup.
8 oz green beans
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 medium red onion, cut into strips
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp aji amarillo paste (or mild chili paste)
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp cumin, ground
2 tomatoes, cut into strips
½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the green beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Begin to add onion, garlic, paste, vinegar, soy sauce, and cumin to the pan.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are fragrant but still hold their shape.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add cilantro. Stir to combine.